In this blog post, I will share my experience, hopefully step by step on installing PKS 1.0 on NSX-T 2.1.
You can refer to my previous blog posts on how to install NSX-T 2.1.
PKS 1.0 has gone GA on the 8 Feb 2018! Its kinda weird that there is not much announcement on the web.
I am super excited about PKS as it has native integration with NSX-T!
- Create, resize, delete, list, and show clusters through the PKS CLI
- Native support for NSX-T and Flannel
- Easily obtain kubeconfigs to use each cluster
- Use kubectl to view the Kubernetes dashboard
- Define plans that pre-configure VM size, authentication, default number of workers, and addons when creating Kubernetes clusters
- User/Admin configurations for access to PKS API
- Centralized logging through syslog
In the following blog post, I’m going to start blogging about my experience on installing PKS 1.0 on my existing NSX-T 2.1 setup. I think its going to be fun.
In this post, you will face the configs of the NSX 6.2.6 on-demand LB what was spun up by vRA 7.01.
1. For HTTP, you can select Cookie or Source IP for Persistence.
2. For HTTPS, SSL Passthrough is enabled by default. No persistence is configured. You can select Source IP or SSL Session ID for Persistence.
3. The algorithm is configured Round-Robin by default.
4. Enable acceleration is not enabled, ie. L7 load balancer will be used.
In this blog post, I would like to find and list out whats available for NSX LB in vRealize Automation 7.3. You can read more about the announcement on vRA 7.3 NSX features here.
1. There is a virtual server section where you can select what type of traffic you would like to load balancer.
2. If you add a new virtual server and you can customise the protocol.
3. You can choose the algorithm and the persistence options.
4. Health Check Option
5. And last the Advance options where you can set a connection limit, connection rate limit, change the acceleration engine or set a min or max connections for the members.
6. You can also change the logging level.
7. Other things include changing the size of the LB and enable HA for the LB.